- To act as a bridge among the students,management,staff and alumni of KEC for mutual benefit and synergy.
- To build a better interaction through application of strengths and resources of alumni, student and staff to improve the quality of society.
- To actively work for relationship among the alumni for their career growth.
- To act as a forum for exchange of information among its members and to act as fine link between the old students and college.
- To provide students guidance for higher studies and career development as and when required by them,with help from alumni.
- To maintain a compendium of all alumni in different parts of the world.
- To establish, promote and support the local chapters of the association in different parts of the world.
- The first batch of Kongu Engineering College Alumni came out in April 1988. KEC alumni association was formally inaugurated on 8th February 1987.
- Since inception KECAA has actively involved in various activities, focusing on its vision and mission.
- To strengthen the activities of KECAA, KEC parent chapter has been formed in the college with an advisor and representatives from various departments.
- It is actively engaged in keeping close rapport with a committee of office bearers consisting of President, Vice President, Secretary, Joint Secretary and among the alumni. It also maintains the data bank of the members of alumni.